Monday, June 16, 2008

Swizzger: Family of Four... Vol. III

The day that Jack Sr. and John Sr. flew of that coastal cliff in California, was the day Jack bought the car that he and Sara were currently driving to Kansas City to pick up the 1.5 billion dollars. The newly reunited couple were going to cash the entire check, drive to las vegas where they would elope, then they would take a plane to Honolulu, where they would live in peace and happiness for the rest of their lives.
So little did they know that Zeus, son of Cronus and Rhea, had a better idea planned out. He had a plan the whole time. Their whole lives were part of it. Things had so far gone accordingly and would keep going that way forever. Jack and Sara and John and Jack Sr. and John Sr. would play no bigger parts in his play than tiny ants surrounding a sugar cube backstage.
"What were the number's that you chose to win?" Sara asked Jack from the passengers seat.
"2-4-15-16-25-56."
"What made you choose those numbers?"
"Well... you aren't going to believe me, but two weeks ago I was eating Chinee Takee Outee by myself at my house. And you know how there are lucky numbers on the slips that come out of fortune cookies? I used those numbers."
"You were right I don't believe you."
"I still have it. I keep it as a... token of luck."
"Can I see it?"
Jack opened the center console and sure enough, pulled out a small slip of paper with the numbers printed on it in red ink. Above the numbers was an English to Chinese translation of the word 'ice cream'. He handed the slip to Sara.
"Well, I'll be damned, that really was one lucky fortune cookie."
"Yeah... and check out what the fortune says."
She flipped it over and in black ink the fortune cookie slip read this:

"A large sum of cash will soon rain down upon you."

Sara just sat there and stared at it. Again, like when she saw Jack in the grocery store, she didn't know what to think, she just sat there.
"I don't usually play the lotto, but I figured with a fortune like that I would have to win."
Sara stayed silent.
"Sara...?"
"This is some weird ass shit," Sara laughed. They both started laughing hysterically. Sara's cackle was starting to get on Jack's nerves, but he knew that he had learned to live with it before. It was just nice to have her back. Her and her cackle.
Two hours later they were pulling into the parking lot of 'Alvin's A+ Liquor and Fine Wine', two doors down from the lotto office of Kansas City, to buy a celebration bottle of Dom Perignon.

No comments: